Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where did the month of December go??

So many things happened in the month of December.  We moved into our new house....there were a few things wrong (still are) that needed fixing.  Furniture was delivered, sent back, then delivered again.  Curtains were delivered, sent back (twice) then delivered again (and again), and shortly after the in-laws came to visit.  We took a trip to Boracay to spend the Christmas holiday. I must admit, I was a bit lax this Christmas. With the move to Manila, then the move to the house, and everything in between I just didn't have the energy to shop for gifts.  And I didn't.  Lars got a shirt and Max got some little things that were wrapped up and given to him on Christmas.  Of course I should mention that I had a lovely table and chairs handmade for him for his big Christmas present.   We were extremely grateful that Lars' parents could make the long trip to spend Christmas with us.  I think that they really enjoyed seeing where we live and of course spending time with Max.  I did miss my family back in PA but will see them hopefully this summer.

We dropped Farmor och Farfar off at the airport in the morning of the 28th and returned home.  This rest of this week consists of curtains being installed, and the carpenter, electrician, plumber, etc are all here fixing the things that don't work before our 30 day (complaint) period is up and a visit to immigration to finalize our visas.

Next Christmas I want to start having our own Christmas traditions for the family.  I want lots of presents under the tree and to watch the excitement on Max's face when he sees them on Christmas morning.  I am already looking forward to next year's Christmas.

I am looking forward to the New Year.  I love fresh starts and I feel like I really need one.  I want to find balance in my life and be a stronger person inside and out.  I crave energy right now.  I need to discover a way to find that energy and incorporate it into my life.  I am going to commit to finding ways to spend more time with my husband and also be a better mom.

Here's to the New Year!  It's going to be a great one!

(Don't worry, will be posting photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment