Sunday, January 2, 2011

Things that you only see in The Philippines

Some fun 'stuff' before I being to post all of our holiday adventures.

This man goes to each house sharpening knives every day.  I think that he must be a very, very smart business man.  You find a need and then you fulfill it.  If only I was so ingenious.

Anyway - This man sharpened our guards' knife (the sharpener is powered by the wheels of the bike) for 25 pesos (roughly 25 cents).

'
Look at his legs go!

Our guard was very happy with his newly sharpened knife.
 This man was nice enough to smile for a photo while sharpening......
 Then I asked him to sharpen our gardener's shears and he raised the price by 4 x's.   Hmmmm, wonder why??  I tried to haggle with him and got this expression below.  I am a smart cookie though and know it's better to piss a man off with a sharp nice and I very slowly backed away.  Next time I will be a smarter cookie and leave the shears with the guard.   Don't worry......I will learn soon enough.


More things that you don't see back at home:

The gardener climbing our coconut tree.  This kid is amazing and SUCH a hard worker.  A shout out to Rachel for recommending him.


 I think that he had as much fun doing this as we did watching him.  He had a smile on his face the whole time.  Or maybe he was laughing at us crazy foreign people getting so excited over a stupid coconut!!


 Fresh coconut for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment