Thursday, January 6, 2011

Boracay




This trip to Boracay, for me, was long over due.  As soon as we arrived in Manila I have been dying to leave.  To me, Manila is an oppressive city.  Too much pollution, too many people, WAY too many malls.
I knew that there had to be something better and believe me, there is.  Some say Boracay is very commercial now and over crowded but after living in the city for 3 months, it was like heaven....with special resident rates!  ;)  The Shangri-La Boracay is an oasis.  There weren't very many people at all and it was quiet and peaceful.  The beach was amazing and the pool was great as well.  We only got to spend a long weekend there for Christmas but it was just what I needed and I can't wait to go away again.  I should of taken more photos but I seem to be on a photography hiatius at the moment.  I need to get my groove back.

To get there we took some stupid small airline that wanted us to get off of the plane because they did not have a life vest for Max.  It's not my fault that they were unprepared for their passengers.  They were going to have to find another life vest because we were NOT getting the next flight (which was in the evening).  They made everyone get off of the plane.  It took them 2 hours to find a life vest.  It was ridiculous but almost nothing surprises me anymore.  

Getting there.......as always Max had admirers.  The girls behind the check in counter literally kidnapped him.  Pick him up and ran away with him.  Running behind the counters with my son in their arms.  I was so flabergasted that I didn't even get any pictures of it.  Luckily Lars' father got a little bit of it on tap.  I can't wait to post it once I get the footage.   He entertained the ladies at the airport.  Once we arrived we took a speed boat to the island.  They had a life vest for Max.  It was a bit big but it worked.









The Shangri-La











 Max had a great time swimming and playing in the sand.  We tried to get him into the ocean but only managed once for 10 seconds.  He did however LIVE in the pool.

Playing by the ocean






 









Playing in the pool

***Notice the two photos below.  Max stealing french fries (click on the photo to enlarge it)!!









The expression Max had after he realized he had a flower in his hair! 



Christmas Eve dinner


Can you tell how tired we are?


Next trip - Singapore!  (Don't worry Em.  I promise it won't have any effect on how many times we come to visit once you move there!!)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time. Avery did some time for french fry thievin' when she was little :) xo ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog today (thanks to Bridget, from the "BFiles") We arrive in Manila in April (yay!) and Boracay is definitely on my list of places to go to! Love your pictures!

    Funnily enough, we have a Westie too! (But she's still a puppy.)

    ReplyDelete